Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Unshakeable! Seriously?

Do you find yourself given the times we live in seeing the title "Unshakeable Marriage"and at least pause with some form of disbelief?

Come on, look around, marriages are falling apart every where and at every level of society - Including Christian marriages! Unshakeable marriages are a great and lofty concept but not a certainty in today's "real life".

Well, I may be going out on a limb here, but I believe Jesus would strongly disagree with that observation. I believe He would pin point one simple concept and guarantee "unshakeably". And I believe He would start with one very simple, focused question.

"Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord' and do not do what I say?" Luke 6:46 NASB

When I read those words they took my breath away a bit. I like to think of myself as a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ. But, if I'm honest, many times I have chosen to seek my own solutions to problems and didn't want to do what I knew the scriptures commanded. I would rather act on my desires and emotions than the words of Jesus Christ.

"Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like:

he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock, and when a flood occured, the torrent burst against the house and could not shake it, because it was well built.

But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like the man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collasped, and the ruin of that house was great." Luke 6:47-49 NASB

The simple, focused truth is that if we do not act according to the words of Christ, and chose to ignore them we will collasp during the storms of life.

If we hear His words and act on them - our marriages are "Unshakeable"

No comments:

Post a Comment